Friday, March 25, 2011

Wedding Bands.... a rare breed of people

The most important thing I have learned in the quest for the perfect band for My Big Fat Boston Wedding is don't judge a band by their name.... they all have awfully cheesy names. (Sidebar.... who thinks the guy on the far left in the above picture looks remarkably like Josh?)

It is hard to find a band that plays everything from Motown to Billy Joel to Rage Against The Machine (or Rage on the Machine as my dad calls it) but I am convinced there is one somewhere out there! It is also really hard to choose a band based on audio samples but it is even harder to crash another party on a random Wednesday or Saturday at 9:30 to hear them live. Fortuantly for me, the Ritz reccomended Music Management. They listened to what I wanted and made suggestions. They are also very familiar with the ballroom and will deal with all the details, big plus for me!

Below are our three favorites and we need to narrow it down because I am pretty sure we can't fit all three in the ballroom! Have a listen and let me know what you think (no need to sugar coat it)

Joey Scott & The Connection - we like them for  their vocal talents, they say they will learn any song and the fact that they have their very own sound guy!

The Hip Pocket Orchestra - their song samples are great and show that they can do everything from Jackson 5 to Beyonce to Gretchen Wilson (obvi not my pick)

Superband - they have the best mastery of modern music and sound great! Added bonus.... they play Dropkick

Vote/comment away! (no promises that we will take any one's opinion into consideration.... ha ha)

1 comment:

  1. Did you check each band's song list for In Da Club, No Letting Go and let's not forget Remix to Ignition??

    ReplyDelete