Monday, March 14, 2011

Flowers Flowers Everywhere....

Flowers are hard! Thankfully Orly at Tangerine Creations is helping us sort through flowers. It is really hard to explain what you want for flowers when you don't know the names of any flowers. This is how the conversation went:

Florist: What types of flowers do you want to see incorporated into your wedding
Colleen: Well I know I like Peonies
Florist: Unfortunately Peonies are an early Spring flower
Colleen: Oh, well I also like those white sort of fluffy looking ones that look kind of like Peonies

And so on and so forth. She is a VERY patient and VERY helpful lady, thankfully. Plus points for her - she said a photo booth sounds like a really fun idea, I have started working the photo booth into every wedding meeting to test the waters and see what people think Colleen & The Photo Booth - 5,  Carol - 0!

My mom has all sorts of ideas about flowers.... and all these ideas are different than mine - here's how this conversation went:

Florist: We could do something like this for the center pieces
Colleen: Oooh, I really like that
Carol: That's not going on my table!
Colleen: (to the florist) This isn't really my wedding, I am just a guest :)

I was thinking about it today and I cannot tell you one thing we decided on besides boutonnieres. Its all a blur and by the time we finished I was in desperate need of a cocktail!

No comments:

Post a Comment