Tuesday, March 8, 2011

T minus 7 months!

My Big Fat Boston Wedding is exactly 7 months from today! This is both super exciting and crazy at the same time! After waiting more that 7 years for the proposal it is amazing to think that in 7 months and 5 hours I will be married. Just think if I hadn't gone to UVM, lived with Liz in the honors environmental dorm, rushed Tri Delt, become a Tri Delt (eventually... thanks Di), spent way too much time in the Sig Ep basement, evently went as Corey's formal date, watched him fall out a window, then had him throw me in the snow, fell in love and agreed to move out of the best city on earth we might never have ended up here!

Its amazing to stop and think about the people/things/events that help get you to a certain place/point in life. This thought makes it a perfect time to talk about my wedding party! Sorry guys, but I'm skipping over you.

First and foremost, I heart my wedding party. I am lucky enough to have five birdesmaids in addition to my Maid of Honor (Paige, aka the Lamb). Picking a wedding party was hard but for good reason! When it comes to friends I am more of a quality over quantity kind of girl; if I could have had a 14 person (basically all the friends I have) wedding party I would have but that probably would have added more worry to my church debacle trying to find a church with room for 28 attendants plus me and Corey! The maid of honor spot was a no brainer; obviously I picked my sister (I feel bad for brides with multiple sisters). I thought about friends who I have had for a while, the girls who have been in it for the long haul and have been through the major "Colleen & Corey" events. Megan has been my friend for as long as I can remember and Di, Liz, Brooke and Katie were there for all four glorious years at UVM and ever since! They are going to be fabulous bridesmaids and I can't wait to have them in my wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment