Thursday, March 24, 2011

Amazing-ness!

Yesterday was a rough day in the world of My Big Fat Boston Wedding. First, the wedding has taken on a life and bank busting budget of its own. Second, I bought my dress while it was here on trunk show, aka I can't see it/try it on again until my actual dress comes in from the designer, which has been the source of a few "I picked the wrong dress" panic attacks. Third, I still don't have all the address and have got additional last minute guest list additions adding to current guest list which was already quite a "fatty".

This of course led me to a mini-breakdown which resulted in a denouncement of all wedding plans and a solemn declaration that I am moving to a "food truck" theme.

This of course led Jessica to the world-wide-web and the discovery of this little gem I like to call Taco Truck Heaven... if you can get past the onslaught of grammatical errors I encourage you to read the entire article.

Obviously I immediately emailed this to my dad and told him not to worry we are having a taco truck on the Boston Common for the reception. Below is how the conversation progressed (read bottom to top):

From: Geraghty, Scott

Done!  Shall I let your mother know or will you




From: Geraghty, Colleen

I could be famous!! Plus I could use my $1,000 charitable giving company match!



From: Geraghty, Scott

It would need to be more creative.  A homeless box bar…All cash proceeds to support a shelter.  Could probably get press on this.




From: Geraghty, Colleen

Brown bag it?



From: Geraghty, Scott

Then we can give up the room?  How will we handle alcohol in the Park?




From: Geraghty, Colleen
We have the entire Commons at our disposal!



From: Geraghty, Scott

I understand the truck…position it down by the stairs on Tremont.  The problem would be with the BBQ pit.  Smoke in the ballroom, I think, would be a bit over powering.  Don’t you think?




From: Geraghty, Colleen

Why not go all out and get both J



From: Geraghty, Scott

I am not sure if you are looking for a Taco truck or a BBQ pit??




From: Geraghty, ColleenSubject: Crisis Averted

These people have AWESOME wedding ideas! Make sure to scroll down….




No comments:

Post a Comment