Wednesday, March 16, 2011

KaBoom....

That is the sound of my dad passing out in NYC... yup, I can hear it all the way up in Boston. With save-the-dates comes final headcount! For those of you who don't know; my dad loves me, he loves great food, he loves great wine but he also really loves to save money. The final headcount has topped off at 209... the poor guy was really hoping for 140. After I explained that we all have a lot of family (Corey and my friends combined make up 59 guests - aka 28% of the guest list) I could tell that he was on the verge of a Father of the Bride moment:

Matty: Can I put Cameron back on the list if he promises not to eat?
George: You know, that's not a bad idea. Who else can we ask not to eat? My parents and your mother.


After pointing out that statistics say 15-20% of invited people do not actually attend we were in a much better place. Did I point out that I may have take a page from Dan Tosh's book and created a statistic to favor my cause.... not at all!

All I know is this wedding is going to be a fabulous time and I am certainly going to be eating!

1 comment:

  1. I love Dan Tosh & Scott!

    You better believe I WILL be eating!

    ReplyDelete