Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Silver linings....

The above is one of the best silver linings in life.... a bombilioni, an amazingly delicious cream filled Italian version of a donut, I love donuts in a completely unhealthy way!

Anyway, yesterday I had a rare and uncharacteristically zen moment. I decided to take one of those every cloud has a silver lining type approaches to things. I am quite sure it will not last too long but here are the positive "silver linings" that have come out of the craziness that comes with planning My Big Fat Boston Wedding.

  1. My mother is occupied by planning My/her Big Fat Boston Wedding and subsequently no longer has time to set me up on "blind friend dates", yes they are weird and even more awkward than normal old fashioned blind dates - these set-ups have started with intro's such as "Colleen, she works in Boston, in HR, moved to Boston from NY because her boyfriend was in Boston and she has no friends, you are basically the same person! Plus I know her mother and she says her daughter is nice"
  2. In the quest to rid myself of all traces of armpit fat I am going to the gym and getting some quality cardio workouts in (side note: today at the gym I saw my old trainer who looked shocked that I was at the gym of my, seemingly, own will)
  3. My dreams have never been quite so interesting to re-tell the next day
  4. I have so many excuses to spend way too much time browsing on etsy
  5. If I email Corey with the subject line reading "Wedding - Please Read" he actually reads them and I can sneak in completely un-wedding related rants/thoughts
  6. Vendors are, or pretend to be, completely in love with all my thoughts and ideas
  7. I won in an epic photo booth Battle against Carol aka my mom
  8. Most importantly, I get to taste the left and right side of the menu and nobody will judge.... its for the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment